In addition to screen sharing and sending messages in a video conference, there are other features you can take advantage of in Workstorm to make collaborating more efficient. Here are three features in video conference meetings that will help you work smarter.
Workstorm now offers virtual background templates you can use for your background during video conference meetings. You can also add your own custom background if you wish.
When in a video conference you will see an icon for virtual backgrounds on the bottom right-hand corner (next to the Screen Share icon).
- Click the virtual background icon to bring up the virtual background templates modal.
2. Choose your preferred background from a selection of default templates, or add your own background, by clicking Upload Background button on the bottom right-hand corner of the popper.
3. Once you’ve selected your preferred background, click the Use Virtual Background button in the bottom right-hand corner of your window.
4. You should return to the video conference window, and your virtual background will be displayed.
Full Screen Mode
Some monitor sizes result in inability to see everything in the default size video conference window. Workstorm allows you to maximize screen real estate through the Fullscreen feature.
- When in a video conference, look to the bottom right-hand side of your video conference window. You will see an icon for Fullscreen.
- Press your keyboards Esc button to exit fullscreen mode and return to the default size video conference window.
Call recording is now available to desktop app users that are on paid license plans. Paid plan subscribers with call recording enabled should take the steps below to record a video conference audio and video:
- Click the Start Recording button near the top left of your video conference window.
- A call recording options menu will pop up, asking you to choose which attendees’ video feed you prefer to record. Pick an attendee listed or use the default Auto-Select option.
- Choose your preferred audio settings for the recording near the bottom of the modal. If you don’t want any video feeds to be recorded and only want to retain audio from the call, toggle on Audio Only Recording.
- Click Start Recording after configuring your recording’s settings.
- Once recording has begun, the Recording button will flash red in the top left.
- After the recording has ended, information about your recorded file and where it’s stored on your computer will be displayed.
Call recording is only available for paid plans. Please reach out to email@example.com for more details.