If you would like to add an extra step of security to your account, Workstorm provides you with an option of enabling Two-Factor Authentication.
For companies that have enabled 2FA for all of their Workstorm users, you will be walked through a 2FA set up wizard when you accept your invite and log in for the first time. However, if your company’s admin has not turned on 2FA for you and your colleagues, you can take these steps to enable it in your own personal account.
- Click on Settings from the left side bar. Then, choose Security under Personal Settings.
- Under Password options, there are two toggles for 2FA – TOTP Authentication and Phone SMS Authentication. It’s up to you which option you prefer, but you can choose to toggle on both options or select only one.
- Let’s say you choose TOTP Authentication, which uses the Google Authenticator app:
- After toggling on TOTP Authentication, you will be redirected into a set up wizard.
- Download the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device and then click Next.
- Click on the + icon at the top right of the Google Authenticator app and select Scan barcode. Align your mobile device’s camera with the QR code that will appear in Workstorm. The Google Authenticator app will automatically snap a picture of the QR code when it aligns with your mobile device’s camera. Click Next after the picture gets taken.
- Enter the six digit code that appears in your Google Authenticator app.
- Wait for a new six digit code to appear in the Google Authenticator app and enter it.
- If necessary, Download Recovery Codes in case there’s ever a time you’ve misplaced your phone and need to log in to Workstorm. If you don’t need to download recovery codes, click Skip Recovery Codes to complete your 2FA set up.
- Let’s say you choose Phone SMS Authentication:
- Enter in your phone number without the country code and click Send Verification Code. If you don’t live in the United States, please choose the correct country from the dropdown before clicking Send Verification Code.
- Enter the six digit code you received via text and click on Verify. If you didn’t receive the text in a timely manner, please select Re-Send Code.
- If you ever need to change the phone number associated with your 2FA set up, please enter in your phone number in the provided text box below the Phone SMS Authentication toggle. After adding the number, please select Change to save your updated phone number.
- If you would like to turn off 2FA, you can toggle off the TOTP Authentication or Phone SMS Authentication options at any time from your Security settings.
Two-Factor Authentication is a useful method of increasing the security of your account and it will only take five minutes to set up! Give it a try and leave a comment below with any suggestions for future upgrades to our 2FA features.