- Virtual backgrounds are here! Pick from the default set of backgrounds or upload your own backgrounds to use in Workstorm videoconferences. Set a default background to use for all of your videoconferences.
- New emoji library. Choose from a robust set of emojis to react to a sent message or send an emoji/s in a conversation using the upgraded emoji picker.
- Essential view has a whole new look on the top bar! Access global search, settings, alerts, your custom statuses and profile all from Workstorm’s top bar.
User Experience & User Interface Improvements
- In conversations, you can choose to start a video conference or an audio call.
- Sort your conversations in your sidebar by Recent or A-Z, as well as have the ability to show the conversation’s last message.
- Performance improvements to videoconferencing and screen sharing, as well as Workstorm’s integration with 0365 (Calendar, Email and OneDrive).
- Upgrades to @mentions in conversations.
- Type @team to alert all members in a team conversation.
- Improved user interface for searching and choosing an @mention.
- Filter global search results by flag color.
- More user friendly Plan and Payment feature set for company admins.
- Company admins can invite new users to a team conversation and choose whether they join as an external or internal company member.
- If a user tries to connect with you on Workstorm, use the pop-up toast to accept the connection request.
- In the Meetings feature, start or schedule a meeting using the new, one-click buttons.
- New users can download the mobile app using a QR code once they sign up and view the onboarding tour.
- Optimized internal/external toggle in Connection invites for company admins when inviting multiple users at one time.
- Simplified the email design for Workstorm invites.
- Improved timing of user status updates.
- Bug squashing and other minor improvements across the app.